Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 2-August 16

I teach in a school where Bible is taught, so imagine my joy when I found a download on Whole Brain Teaching for the life of Jesus. I downloaded it Monday night and began teaching it Tuesday. (Of course, I sent information about the website to ten individuals in return for the download!)

We spent about forty minutes learning the first ten events in the life of Christ. My kids were flapping their arms, running their fingers up their arms, and, in general, having a blast. At the end of the period, they could recall the ten events with ease.

We reviewed the rules. One student couldn't remember to stay in his seat. At recess-which is their treat for doing so well in Scoreboard-he practiced Rule 3 for two minutes. He was grinning the entire time and ran off to play, still in a good mood. It was great to see the replaced attitude with no angry face and slumped body on the bench! I love the difference from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment