Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 4-August 18

Today, we added the 21-30 events to the life of Jesus. They are doing so well! I can't wait to try this activity to other subjects. We also line up and do our times tables before we leave, starting with 1 x 3. One little boy always ends up at 3 x 7. I am sure he is going to know it soon.

A lot of our work and activities for the first week is to help them break any bad habits that were developed last year in our "normal" classroom. They love when I say, "Teach" and they get to share their new knowledge with another person.

One of my struggling students said, "I like school this year. I didn't like it before." The major difference in my room? Whole Brain Education.

For science, we used microscopes. I had them setting around the classroom. They worked in groups and rotated to each type of telescope, learning how to adjust them and make the slides appear. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment