Friday, August 19, 2011

The Idea

Whole brain teaching-it just seemed to fit what I was looking to do in my classroom. I spent two summers studying ways to change my teaching style. The first summer included a class on brain research. The second included the Differentiated Learning seminars in Las Vegas. Finally, I watched videos on a site called Whole Brain Teaching at www.wholebrainteaching.com. I have not been so excited for the school year to start since I started learning about Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences. I have a classroom with a majority of boys and many of those boys are diagnosed with typical little boy problems-hyperactivity and attention disorders. On top of that, I have grades 3-8 in my classroom-sort of like a one-room school. I "trained" myself with the videos and prepared myself for my first "Class-Yes" encounter.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to love it! I have 25 years also and wish I had 25 more since beginning this program! It works wonders with all the "I need to move!" personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I agree. I am already loving it! I have a roomful of "I need to move!" children and this is really working for them!

    ReplyDelete